Opunake - Between the mountain and the sea
Opunake is located on Surf Highway 45 between New Plymouth and Hawera, with Mighty Mount Taranaki on one side and the sea on the other. Enjoy spectacular ocean views along 105 kilometers of coastline road.
A great place to live, work and enjoy
Opunake - highlights
- Central shopping and businesses along the main street.
- Free parking.
- Township 5 minutes walk from the beach.
- Voted one of the best swimming beaches in New Zealand.
- Beachfront picnic tables, gas barbeque, children’s playground and paddling pool.
- Home of world famous surf.
- Surf and deep-sea fishing.
- Boating and trout fishing on the lake.
- Heated covered community swimming pool.
- 7 km of Scenic walkways.
- Mural trail.
- Iconic bronze statue of triple Olympic gold medallist Peter Snell.
- Accommodation to suit everyone.
- Good selection of restaurants and take aways.
- All Opunake businesses are listed on Bizness Impressions. Search the site for details.